- February 2551: the Covenant glass Dodd after confirming the lack of more relics on the planet.
- February 19, 2551: Gamma Company begins their week-long augmentation process on board the UNSC Hopeful.
- August 12, 2551: the Battle of Themistocles begins. The Golden Apple evacuates its crew to the surface and the Covenant send their elites to invade the cities.
- August 13, 2551: Operation: MUSHROOM BLOOM is initiated. S-III Hydra Team is deployed to Themistocles to take out a high ranking Sangheili named Field Marshall Verom 'Ontom. During the battle on Themistocles' cities, the Jiralhanae begin glassing the colony even with the Sangheili on the surface. Hydra Team and the crew of the Golden Apple struggle to survive as the Covenant kill themselves on the surface. Ultimately, the planet is glassed, the local Sangheili are killed, and the UNSC escape with Hydra Team, and Verom 'Ontom escapes with a small team.
- July 2551: Verom 'Ontom warns the Hierarchs of the Jiralhanae's betrayal, but the Prophet of Truth elects not to punish the Jiralhanae but reward them for glassing a human world, stating it was his mistake to allow the Sangheili and Jiralhanae to work together.