- January 7, 2530: Serina is created and assigned as the UNSC Spirit of Fire's AI.
- December 24, 2530: the Battle of Groombridge 1830 takes place between Cole's fleet and the Covenant, resulting in a costly UNSC victory.
- December 25, 2530: interrogation of Subject 386, a Sangheili captive, begins. Preston Cole learns of the Covenant's intent on the destruction of mankind and uses this as inspiration to release the Cole Protocol in 2535.
- 2530: Eridanus II is glassed by the Covenant and the survivors likewise flee to its asteroid fields.
- 2530: Lucius Thornhill purchases an operational Covenant Ghost from the black market and has his science team examine the vehicle's antigravity technology. In good time, the team is able to replicate and condense this technology into a device that can levitate up to 150 lbs.
- 2530: Thornhill is arrested for purchasing illegal alien technology from the black market and not handing it over to the government. He serves 14 months in prison.